Friday, October 4, 2013

LÜKE in NOLA








Breakfast Menu
I love a good menu design.


I'm really excited to be traveling to New Orleans over the next couple months, and I figured since LA also stands for Louisiana I can still blog about my food adventures here without breaking any rules!!!

PERFECT!

I spent the morning wandering the streets alone looking for place to grab a late breakfast and came across a spot called Lüke. The beautiful and cheerful restaurant was rocking out to some fun oldies music, just my style. I decided to give it a try.
I asked for some tea and spent some time perusing the menu. Then, I went with the waiters recommendation: A biscuit sandwich with fried chicken and spicy mayhaw glaze.
Ya, I didn't know what mayhaw was either, but I decided to go for it. GOOD CHOICE.
This sandwich was fried to perfection; crunchy with not too much dressing, and came with the perfect amount of fruit on the side. I can't wait to take Andy here when he comes to visit NOLA.
They serve breakfast, lunch and dinner and every item on their menu looks delicious. A woman next to me ordered their pulled pork pressed sandwich topped with an egg sunny side up that looked incredible. Definitely want to try it! They also had a gorgeous display of fresh seafood: crabs legs, oysters, clams...very New Orleans. A lot of Yelpers also say their shrimp and grits are great.

Check it!

And for those of you interested, a mayhaw is a tiny fruit commonly found in the wetlands of the southern United States. It looks like a red blueberry and is often used to make jellies or preserves.


Lüke
333 St Charles Ave
New Orleans, LA 70130
(504) 378-2840




1 comment:

  1. Your posts are the best! Would love to interview for my blog. http://youngboldandregal.blogspot.com/

    I will contact you soon.

    ReplyDelete